Saturday 31 May 2008

Blink 182 - Delonge Says No To Blink 182 Reunion

Former BLINK 182 frontman TOM DeLONGE has ruled out ever reforming the punk band - because he couldn't bear to perform the songs he wrote in his youth.

The singer - who now fronts Angels + Airways - enjoyed huge success with his rock trio, but he has disappointed fans by insisting it's impossible to reunite a band who sang about "first dates".

DeLonge feels he'd be cheating himself and the band's followers if he were to impersonate the man he used to be.

He says, "I really cannot see any possible way that Blink would get back together, nor do I have any desire for it. It was a really amazing, magical time for me when I was young but, now I'm older, I'm doing things that reflect my life now.

"It would be a lie to myself to go and sing about first dates and girls at the rock show. That's not really what I'm about right now."




See Also